Demons Dialog & Revelation

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Demons Dialog & Revelation..Please join us in the fight against lies and the noble task of digging up the truth.
Breaking News from ABCNEWS.com:
Eight N.Y. High School Students Test Positive for Swine Flu, N.Y. Mayor Says

The federal government declares a public health emergency, as the number of cases of swine flu in the U.S. rises to 20.

Latest topics

» IT IS GETTING VERY SERIOUS NOW
Narrow is the way, and the shelf EmptyTue May 12, 2009 1:07 am by michael144/Admin

» Scientists Experiment with Vaccinations in GMO Corn
Narrow is the way, and the shelf EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:46 pm by michael144/Admin

» The Meaning Behind Revelation 13:17
Narrow is the way, and the shelf EmptyMon May 11, 2009 8:28 pm by metaloop

» Shattered Union/Telling us what they are going to do before they do it
Narrow is the way, and the shelf EmptyMon May 11, 2009 6:57 pm by michael144/Admin

» Time Magazine Preps Americans For Mandatory Vaccinations
Narrow is the way, and the shelf EmptySun May 10, 2009 10:00 pm by crzy.beautiful

» As Swine Flu Spreads, Conspiracy Theories of Laboratory Origins Abound
Narrow is the way, and the shelf EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 5:44 pm by michael144/Admin

» Swine Flu News Updates
Narrow is the way, and the shelf EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 10:00 am by michael144/Admin

» global vaccination – has been in the works for quite some time.
Narrow is the way, and the shelf EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 9:33 am by michael144/Admin

» Swine flu 'debacle' of 1976 is recalled
Narrow is the way, and the shelf EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 11:07 pm by michael144/Admin

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 117 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:51 am

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 371 messages in 187 subjects

We have 6 registered users

The newest registered user is crzy.beautiful

Navigation

2 posters

Narrow is the way, and the shelf

metaloop
    metaloop
    Active/Rookie
    Active/Rookie

Narrow is the way, and the shelf Empty Narrow is the way, and the shelf

Post by metaloop Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Today I stopped by a Christian book store for the first time in years. In light of what I've learned since then, I wanted to see how the selection of different translations compared. What I saw was shocking.

(This is not a scientific study, so I won't be presenting any hard data. Though I would have taken some pictures, had I thought to bring a camera along. Maybe next time...)

First, the NIV was by far the most common translation in stock. I'd say that approximately 50% of the shelf space contained NIV bibles.

Secondly, KJV was by far the rarest available (Note: by KJV, I do NOT mean the NKJV). The percentage of KJV bibles was probably around 5%, and the majority of those were study bibles by Scofield and Thompson. KJV reference bibles accounted for approximately 20% of all KJV bibles.

Finally, I noticed something new since the last time I was in this store. 'The Message' now occupies almost as much shelf space as the KJV bibles! They are now available in a variety of sizes, colors and editions. 'The Message' comprised approximately half of the 'Specialty Bibles' section, which contained primarily New-Testement-Only bibles.

You might be reading this and thinking to yourself, "So what?" Or, "Dude, it's not that big of a deal."

Matthew 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Think that the "broad way" only refers to the pagans?

Matthew 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Clearly, these are people that were convinced that they knew the Lord. But the only thing that mattered was, did he know them?
    michael144/Admin
    michael144/Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Narrow is the way, and the shelf Empty Re: Narrow is the way, and the shelf

Post by michael144/Admin Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:26 pm

No question the new versions of scripture tamper with the spirit of prophecy. Notice this vital puzzle piece that reveals that the Holy Spirit is the Word of God destroyed by some new versions.

King James
    1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

-- American Standard
    1 John 5:7 And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is the truth.

-- Simple English
    1 John 5:7 So, there are three witnesses which tell us :

-- New American with Apocrypha
    1 John 5:7 So there are three that testify,

-- New Revised Standard with Apocrypha
    1 John 5:7 There are three that testify: {A few other authorities read (with variations) V7 [There are three that testify in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. V8 And there are three that testify on earth:]}

Think they don't want you to look in the book of Daniel?

-- King James
    Mark 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

-- American Standard
    Mark 13:14 But when ye see the abomination of desolation standing where he ought not (let him that readeth understand), then let them that are in Judaea flee unto the mountains:

-- Living Bible
    Mark 13:14 ``When you see the horrible thing standing in the Temple --reader, pay attention!--flee, if you can, to the Judean hills.

-- Simple English
    Mark 13:14 ``When you see `The Abomination of Desolation,' standing where it must not be (let the reader note the meaning), then those people who are in the land of Judea must run away to the mountains.

-- New American with Apocrypha
    Mark 13:14 "When you see the desolating abomination standing where he should not (let the reader understand), then those in Judea must flee to the mountains,

-- New Revised Standard with Apocrypha
    Mark 13:14 "But when you see the desolating sacrilege set up where it ought not to be (let the reader understand), then those in Judea must flee to the mountains;
    metaloop
    metaloop
    Active/Rookie
    Active/Rookie

Post by metaloop Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:24 pm

I think that a lot of what we're seeing done in new bible translations stems from the idea that "the bible needs to be brought into present day."

Guys, that's exactly the opposite of what's needed! We have to go back to biblical times!

The first step to understanding the bible is from the perspective of the person or group to whom it was originally written. Then, and only then, should be look at it from another perspective.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:55 am